Pelican Healthcare’s Manchester care centre is dedicated to providing a personalised, quality service to ostomates in Manchester and the North West areas
No matter which products you use, whether they are made by Pelican or another stoma care company, if they are available on prescription, we can supply them straight to your door.
Our main aim is to provide you with a personalised quality service, tailored to meet all your requirements. To sign up, please complete our online registration form, or follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.
The Manchester Home Delivery Service can offer you:
- Fully trained, BHTA accredited Customer Services team
- A complimentary washbag, to help you care for your stoma
- Dry wipes, moist wipes and a choice of disposal bags with each order
- Pouch customisation service
- Local Pelican Nurse Advisors – Confidential support through home visits or telephone support
- Impartial product advice and sample service
- Discreet and confidential service
- Delivery notification service for orders arriving by courier;
- Choose to receive a text or email to confirm your delivery day
- Receive a 1 hour delivery slot on the day
- Option to rearrange if the day/time is inconvenient
Pelican Nurse Advisor
We employ registered nurses with a specialist stoma qualification, who are on hand to support the users of our Manchester Home Delivery Service. This confidential service is available either by telephone, through a visit in the comfort of your own home, or at our premises.
The Pelican Nurse Advisors are NMC registered and adhere to both the NMC and BHTA codes of conduct.
Repeat Prescription Service
In many cases, Pelican can make things easy for you, by obtaining your prescription direct from you GP. Simply get in touch with us two weeks before your next order is due and let us know what you need. We will then write to your GP, obtain your new prescription on your behalf and as soon as we have received it, we will send your order out to you. Through our notification service, we can also send you a text or email to let you know when your order is on its way..
We understand that emergencies happen and we will never let you run out. If you ever run low on supplies, please call us and our Customer Services team will be able to help you.
Electronic Prescription Service
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is currently being phased in across England, allowing your GP to send an electronic prescription to a supplier of your choice , saving you time. If you are asked by your GP to nominate a supplier, please call us on 0800 146 992.
How to join the Manchester Home Delivery Service from Pelican
Please choose from the following options:
- Call the dedicated telephone line on 0800 146 992 or 0161 702 3380
- email: Manchester@pelicanhealthcare.co.uk
- Send your prescription* to us at:
Freepost Plus RTHU-BLXC-AREH, Pelican Healthcare Ltd, 2 Victoria East, Manchester, M9 6HB
*Please remember to sign the back of your prescription
Customer Service Survey
Dispensing Appliance Contractor / Patient Questionnaire – Manchester
At Pelican Healthcare, we strive to provide you with the best service possible. In accordance with NHS Clinical Governance guidelines, we conduct an annual survey in order to monitor our performance and ascertain if there are any areas in which we could improve.
Click here to download the Patient Survey Report for Manchester.