Features and benefits
Specifically designed for flush or retracted stomas, or where the stoma is situated in skin folds*
Unlike many traditional rigid convexity products which can be uncomfortable to wear, Pelican Select Convex is flexible and specifically designed for maximum comfort and security. Select Convex is highly effective against leakage which is know to cause sore skin.
All the features of the Select Afresh Closed pouch, plus:
- Skin Protector – Unique soft, comfortable and secure skin protector with an additional flexible foam backing for added comfort and security
- Belt Loops – Attached belt loops are extremely soft and flexible. Situated on top of the soft foam backing of the skin protector providing added comfort for those who prefer the option of wearing a belt for extra security
- Filter – Improved filter system with controlled flow for greater comfort
- Shape – Comfortable pouch shape designed to suit your body form
- Apertures – Available in two cut to fit options and an extensive range of pre-cut sizes, ensuring a snug fit
- Fabric – Silky soft fabric for comfort and discretion. Split fabric backing, on the clear version allows you to see your stoma through the clear medical film making accurate positioning much easier. At other times, the silky soft fabric discreetly hides the stoma. In the clear and opaque version the split fabric backing allows easier positioning of the filter cover
- Sizes – Available in Mini, Standard, Maxi and Paediatric sizes
- Medical Film – Available in both clear and opaque medical film
* All convex pouches should only be used after prior assessment by a stoma care specialist.
As I often need a convex appliance, I found your samples much more comfortable than any other I have tried. They allow for ease of bending and movement – yes I will continue to use them!
Very lightweight and soft. Didn’t feel like I was wearing a pouch at all! No odour! I was so impressed by the filters. Moulded to my belly with very little persuading.
For my first 2 years, I was using another bag, which was prescribed by the stoma nurse. In September / October 2011, there were not sticking after radiotherapy. She then prescribed Pelican 113312 which I have used ever since. They stick well and are more comfy.
Excellent product – very flexible and soft!