Winter Ostomate Recipe | Chicken in a Bag
Disclaimer: Please note this recipe may not be suitable for all ostomates
This weeks stoma friendly recipe serves 4 people.
I am a big fan of root vegetables as this is all stoma friendly with the skins removed.
This recipe takes slightly longer than last week’s recipe but is well worth the 40/50 minutes in the oven.
You will need baking parchment (greaseproof paper) and tinfoil to cook this recipe in.
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large parsnip, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 5 sage leaves finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 80-100 grams of cooking chorizo, sliced or diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of butter
- 12 skinless & boneless chicken thighs
- 125 ml of chicken stock
- Large handful of chopped parsley
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 50 g of grated parmesan
- Handful of spinach (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees ( fan 160) Gas mark 4
- Roll out a large piece of foil and place the same sized baking parchment on top of the foil
- Toss the carrot, parsnip, courgette, tomatoes, garlic, thyme, and sage in a mixing bowl and add a good pinch of pepper and salt
- Use the butter to grease the parchment, a rectangle 40 cm x 20 cm and place the veggies on this, add the chicken thighs and chorizo on top
- Cover this with a second piece of foil and crimp around the edges, leave a small gap so you can pour in the chicken stock. Put the tray and the parcel into the oven and cook for 40 minutes
- Take out and rest for several minutes and serve
Many thanks for reading