Winter Ostomate Recipe | Chorizo, Chicken & Broccoli Bake
Disclaimer: Please note this recipe may not be suitable for all ostomates
Autumn is here and Winter is fast approaching. For me the winter months are harder to navigate with stoma life and eating healthy is always a bone of contention. Potato does not agree with Bertha but I want to feel warm and cosy.
I am working hard at maintaining my weight as £1300 worth of wedding dress will be a waste if my waistline grows.
As a blogger for Pelican and most of you having ostomies I am going to write up a weekly winter recipe until February time with a step by step guide for cooking that is healthy, tasty and gives you that warm and cosy feeling that is ostomy friendly and in most cases suitable for ileostomy patients.
This week’s recipe is Chorizo, Chicken and Broccoli Bake.
My 10 year old absolutely loves this and so does Bertha.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 500g broccoli
- 150g cooking chorizo
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 200-300g cherry tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees (170 for a fan oven) gas mark 5
- When the oven has preheated, add the oil into the roasting tray and heat for 10 minutes
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the chicken breasts and broccoli, put back into the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove the tray and add the chorizo and thyme, put back into the oven for 15 minutes
- Take the tray out, turn the chicken and stir the broccoli and chorizo, add the cherry tomatoes and back into the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove the baking tray, add the spinach and stir in so it wilts, and serve
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do as a family.
Many thanks for reading
Don't forget to share this post!