Winter Ostomate Recipe | Red Curry & Prawn Noodles
Disclaimer: Please note this recipe may not be suitable for all ostomates
If you follow my Instagram account then you will know I am a bit of a noodle fiend. Wagamama is my most favourite place in the world next to Itsu.
I have rediscovered my love of spicy food, the spicier the better as it does not have the same repercussions coming out of my stoma.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
This serves two, so you will need to double up on the ingredients for 4 people.
I always put the rice noodles into boiled water in a mixing bowl, I leave them to one side for 5-10 minutes and rinse off with cold water before adding them to the wok.
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4 tbsp of Thai red curry paste
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- 200 ml of chicken stock
- Half a carrot julienned
- 100 g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- 4 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 400 grams of cooked rice noodles
- 400 grams of cooked, peeled tiger prawns
- Lime wedges to serve
- Boil the carrots and sugar snap peas until soft
- Melt the oil in a nonstick frying pan or wok, then add the curry paste & stock and stir and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the coconut milk and bring to boil
- Add carrots, sugar snap peas and spring onion and bring back to the boil, cook for 1 minute
- Add the fish sauce and season, toss in the cooked noodles and prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes until warmed through
- Remove the pan, transfer to two bowls, add the lime wedges and sprinkle over coriander to serve
Many thanks for reading
Don't forget to share this post!