Winter Ostomate Recipe | Hot & Sour Chicken Noodle Soup
Disclaimer: Please note this recipe may not be suitable for all ostomates
This weeks recipe is Hot & Sour Chicken Soup. This one adapted to be stoma friendly. If your stoma is fine or if you are cooking for people without a stoma then you can leave in the veggies that I add purely for flavouring the soup. In total this should take only half an hour to prepare and cook. So quick and easy. If your making for more than 4 people then just double the ingredients.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk chopped finely
- 4 cm of fresh ginger peeled and sliced ( have tried dry ginger and it ruins the soup)
- 4 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 4 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 red Thai chillies (deseeded and chopped)
- 2 sliced shallots
- 1 tsp of tamarind paste
- Vermicelli rice noodles, amount is personal preference
- Put the chicken stock, tamarind paste, brown sugar, lemongrass, shallots & ginger into a pan and bring to the boil. Then add the chicken thighs and leave to boil for 15 minutes
- Whilst the chicken is cooking add vermicelli noodles to boiling water and leave to soak.
- Once the chicken has cooked, use a sliced spoon to remove the chicken and place onto a chopping board and chop into slices
- Drain the soup through a sieve into a bowl to remove the lime leaves and vegetables.
- Put the now clear soup back into the pan and add the chillies, fish sauce and lime juice, add the chicken back into the mix and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the Vermicelli noodles and add to bowls and ladle the chicken and soup over the top and serve.
Please give the recipe a try, and all feedback would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks for reading